Grace Episcopal is a tiny church in a town of less than 3,000. Average Sunday attendance waffles between 10 and 15. Along with several other priests, I’ve been serving there once a month or so for the last eight years, but now, in my brand new retirement, I’m there on a pretty regular basis. Here are some things I’m learning:
- Liturgy does not always have to be planned more than a day ahead (but it helps)
- Each has a gift to contribute that together make up a full ministry for all to each
- You don’t have to like everyone today in order to love everyone today
- There are no secrets and not much privacy
- Sermons are OK but conversation is better
More on what I learn at Grace as time goes by.